Last weekend I was craving for seafood. I chose to make Manila Garlic clams–of course the asian flavoring was a must for me! I love cuisines of all types and my favorite is ASIAN cuisine. Recipe shared below for your interest. All photos captured with Nikon D80 and Nikkor 50mm lens.
1. Pick your clam.
2. Gather your vegetables/herbs/spices. Whatever you refer your onions, garlic, and ginger as..I refer them to vegetables.
3. Skin the ginger with a spoon. It does it perfectly well–learned it from food network a few years back–and a reminder from my older sis. Then slice them into pieces as shown above and cut it into rectangle shapes. Anything close to mince is what you want.
4. Mine your onion–I chose to use red onion–you can use white onion as well.
5. Mince the garlic to small bits–gotta love the garlic. The home remedies for many illnesses. Posting on this later!
6. Time to roast the garlic and onion with 2 tablespoon of oil for 2 mins. You can use regular Olive oil—I used extra virgin olive oil. Then add the ginger and keep stirring for another 2 mins.
7. Add 2 tablespoon of oyster sauce and continue to stir the concoction for 2 min.
8. Add your 2 lb clams to the pot.
9. Now add 1/2 cup of water to get the clam to start cooking. Seems a little bit and when the clam shells start to open the juice from the clam will be just enough mixed with the concoction. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
10. Any clams that did not open up–toss it out. Its probably a bad one.
You can add other spices like thai chili pepper and green onions to add some color to your clams! Have a GREAT Thursday!